/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Hi there! This is Rebecca from Darling Cashmere again with another tasty cocktail concoction! This drink is sure to impress your guests because not only is it perfectly sweet, but you can also make the raspberry basil infused simple syrup on your own!
Raspberry Basil Simple Syrup
· ¾ cup granulated sugar
· ¾ cup water
· 1 ½ cups rinsed fresh raspberries
· Handful of rinsed fresh basil leaves
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the sugar, water, raspberries, and basil leaves to a soft, rolling boil
2. Once you have a soft boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and smashing the raspberries
3. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the syrup completely cool
4. Strain the raspberries and basil leaves out
This recipe makes about 1 ¼ cup of simple syrup and lasts around a week when kept chilled.
Raspberry Basil Cocktail
· Raspberry basil simple syrup
· Fresh raspberries and fresh basil for garnish
1. *Mix equal parts gin and raspberry simple syrup over ice—can be shaken or stirred
2. Add fresh raspberries and fresh basil for garnish
*1.5 oz. of each is recommended
Making your own simple syrup is incredibly easy and can be done with nearly any combination of ingredients. Mix and match to create your own signature cocktail or pair with club soda for a tasty non-alcoholic version!